Asst. Prof. Dr. Pınar Çağlayan Aksoy
Pınar Çağlayan Aksoy is an assistant professor of civil law at Bilkent University, Ankara(Turkey). She is a member of Blockchain Turkey Platform and Istanbul Blockchain Women Community. As a member of the European Law Institute, she acts as a member of the Consultative Committee for the project titled “Blockchain Technology and Smart Contracts”. Her research deals with contract law, tort law as well as the legal implications of the newly emerging technologies, especially distributed ledger technology and smart contracts.
AI as Agents: Agency Law, Artificial Intelligence and Private Law: Global Perspectives
2021 (ed. Larry DiMatteo, Cristina Poncibo, Pietro Sirena, Michel Cannarsa), Cambridge University Press, awaiting publication. …Read the full article
NFTs and Copyright: Challenges and Opportunities
2021, awaiting publication. …Read the full article
The Formation and Validity of Smart Contracts
January, 2021, Istanbul. (Book: in Turkish) …Read the full article
- May 6, 2021: Crypto Asset Markets in the EU from a Consumer Protection Perspective, 2nd Conference on EU Law and Legal Issues in Turkey-EU Relations.
- May 5, 2021: Blockchain and the Law on Protection of Personal Data, Turkish Personal Data Protection Authority Wednesday Seminars.
- May 2, 2021: Smart Contracts from a Private Law Perspective, Suleyman Demirel University Academic Coordination Community, Blockchain Applications and Smart Contracts in the Digital Age Certificate Program.
- May 1, 2021:The Theory of “Code is Law” and Smart Contracts, MEF ILSA, Law in the Changing World.
- April 28, 2021: Smart Contracts and Impossibility of Performance, Kadir Has University Wednesday Seminar Series.
- April 6, 2021: Blockchain and Smart Contracts in Light of the Developments on Digital Technology, Kadir Has University LitLab.
- March 19, 2021: Blockchain and Smart Contracts, Turkish Digital Transformation Office.
- March 10, 2020: Blockchain, Smart Contracts and Consumer Protection, Blockchain And Smart Contracts From A Private Law Perspective.
- December 5, 2019: Blockchain and Law, Bilkent University- TUSIAD (The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey) Information Society Forum “Blockchain in Business Life 2019”.
- June 24-26, 2020: Blockchain and Smart Contracts, Summer School of Science Academy of Turkey.
- International Academy of Comparative Law, Rapporteur for Turkey on the issue of “Smart Contracts” (Asuncion General Congress, 23-28 October 2022).
- European Law Institute, Blockchain Technology and Smart Contracts, Member of Consultative Committee.
Connections with Industry
- Istanbul Blockchain Women Community- Member
- Blockchain Turkey Platform- Member