Katrin Koller & Petar Zelic
This industry talk will focus on central bank digital currencies and their application across the globe. As part of the discussion we want to cover a few key topics around CBDC:
1. What is a CBDC and how can it be designed?
2. What are the key drivers for CBDC exploration? What are some of the challenges reported by central banks?
3. What are some of the use cases that are being addressed with CBDCs?
4. How is CBDC approached across the globe?
- The (R)evolution of money II
- Exploring central bank digital currencies: SWIFT and Accenture publish joint paper (scroll down to the bottom of the page for the download)
- CBDCs: an opportunity for the monetary system
Tuesday, 26th Oct. 2021
Rämistrasse 74, Zurich, Switzerland
A covid certificate is necessary
Digital Assets, CBDC and Tokenization
Short bio: After completing her education as a graphic designer, Katrin has graduated with a Master of Arts in Business Administration with a focus on economics from University of Zurich. Gaining first experience in the consulting world, she worked at PwC and Zurich Insurance company before joining Accenture. Focusing on Business and operating model design, Katrin specialized in the area of digital assets and is an executive in Accenture’s global practice focusing on DLT applications in financial markets. Clients range from regulators, central banks or other financial institutions to infrastructure providers and FinTechs. She is member of the expert community for DLT and Blockchain of Digital Switzerland.
Digital Assets, CBDC and Custody
Short bio: Petar is part of Accenture’s Blockchain and Multiparty Systems practice. He has joined Accenture after graduating with a Master of Arts in Management and Economics at the University of Zurich. Petar’s main area of expertise is in the area of digital assets, central bank digital currencies (CBDC), and digital asset custody. Most recently, Petar has supported major exchanges in building up their digital asset offering, advised payment service providers on their role in a digital asset ecosystem, as well as supported central banks in determining how a CBDC could be designed in the respective jurisdiction.
|18:00 -18:15||Welcome & Introduction|
|18:15 -19:00||Katrin Koller & Petar Zelic||Central Bank Digital Currencies|