Dr. Uwe Serdült
Since 1 April 2017 Uwe Serdült holds a dual position as a full professor in the “e-Society Lab”, College of Information Science and Engineering, Ritsumeikan University, Japan, and principle investigator at the Center for Democracy Studies Aarau (ZDA) at the University of Zurich, Switzerland, for digital democracy projects.
In this dual position, he teaches and does interdisciplinary research in several domains of e-society. Within the field of digital democracy, he is especially interested in internet based platforms and tools for citizens (e-participation) as well as public administrations (e-government) in order to enhance transparency and deliberation in an information society.
Currently he is about to start a project investigating the potential of blockchain technology to reform the governance of political campaign financing.
- Serdült, Uwe (2019) Reconnecting Citizens to Politics via Blockchain – Starting the Debate, EGOV-CeDEM-ePart 2019, IFIP WG8.5, 2-4 September 2019, University of Camerino, San Benedetto Del Tronto, Italy, 185-190.
- Gfeller, Katja; Braun Binder, Nadja; Serdült, Uwe (2019) Demokratie im digitalen Zeitalter: Das Beispiel von Initiative und Referendum in der Schweiz, in: Kübler, Daniel; Glaser, Andreas und Waldis, Monika (Hrsg.) Brennpunkt Demokratie: 10 Jahre Zentrum für Demokratie Aarau. Baden, hier+jetzt, 47-63.
- Germann, Micha and Serdült, Uwe (2017) Internet Voting and Turnout: Evidence from Switzerland, Electoral Studies 47, 1-12. doi: 10.1016/j.electstud.2017.03.001
- Serdült, Uwe (2010) Referendum Campaign Regulations in Switzerland, in: Gilland Lutz, Karin and Hug, Simon (Eds.) Financing Referendum Campaigns. New York, Palgrave/MacMillan, 165-179.
- Governance and Public Acceptance of Blockchain Technology Enabled Campaign Financing Vouchers.
Connections with industry
- Procivis Thinktank, advisor
- PIT Solutions, advisory board member